The Detroit – Superior Bridge in Cleveland was built between 1914-1918, crossing the Cuyahoga River at a high enough level that the large ore boats can go underneath. When it was originally built, and up until the mid 1950s, trolley tracks ran on the lower level of the bridge, with automobile and truck traffic on the upper level.
Additionally, at the West 25th Street end of the bridge there was an underground station for the trolley, at which point it would go above ground for it’s continuation on to Lakewood.
Once a year the Cuyahoga County Engineers office holds an open house on the lower level of the bridge, including access to the vacant subway station. In the station they have a mock up of an old trolley car.
The view underneath the bridge is interesting.
From this vantage point you get a different perspective on the flats and some of the lift bridges.
At one time they had space for 4 trolley tracks across the lower level.